COVID-19 Update: Please Click here for details.

Help / FAQ Site

We have set out our answers to the most frequently asked questions below. If you cannot find the information you need, please contact us.

1) - Questions about shopping at Home AV Direct

2) - Questions about contact & products

3) - Questions about payment

4) - Questions about delivery

 

5) - I am having problems using the site

 

6) - I have just placed my order

7) - I have received my order

 

8) - Terms and conditions

9) - Privacy policy

10) - Alternative Payment Methods

 

7 I have received my order

> My product is faulty, what do I do?

We endeavour to get your items to you in fully working order, however in the event that your items do become faulty, please read below on what you should do next.

In a lot of cases with some products, faults can be fixed by performing some basic troubleshooting, so to prevent any further inconvenience to you we advise that you contact our Customer Service team who can guide you through some basic troubleshooting before sending items back.

Under 28 days

  • If your items become faulty within 28 days of delivery you are entitled to a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service centre who will provide necessary returns details.

  • Please send the items back with a cover note including a description of the fault and your original order number.

  • Once we have fully tested the item and confirmed the fault, we will process the refund or exchange including cost of carriage back to us (within reason).

  • If during our testing we cannot find a fault, no refund will be given and you will be charged for delivery of the item back to you.

After 28 days

  • After 28 days you will still be able to get your faulty items repaired or replaced within the manufacturers warranty and we will be happy to assist you with this. Please contact our customer service centre to find out the best way to get your items repaired or replaced. Please be aware that after 28 days we will not cover you for any carriage costs.

 

> There is an item missing in my order or you have sent me the wrong goods

If there is an item missing in your order or you have received the wrong goods, please contact us and provide us with your order id and a list of product(s) that were missing from the order or the details of the goods sent to you that were incorrect.

You must notify us within 48 hours of receiving the order that an item was missing. Otherwise we will assume that you have received all of the products that you ordered.

> I want to return an item

Under 14 days

  • You can return your goods for a full refund or exchange as long as you inform us of your intention to return the goods within 14 days of receipt, starting from the day after you receive your goods (Exclusions apply, see below.)

  • All return costs are down to the buyer and it is recommended that you return your items using a trackable method with appropriate insurance (if required).

  • Once we have confirmed your return, please ensure that you return the item within 7 days.

  • If a returns number is provided then please ensure that the parcel has this clearly marked.

  • Items need to be returned in "as new" condition in their original packaging. We don't mind if you open the product to check it, however any used or damaged products will be subject to a 25% handling fee so please take care when opening your items. 

After 14 days

  • We will not offer a refund after 14 days of you recieiving your delivery unless your product is faulty. 

Exclusions from our returns policy

As we're sure you'll understand, there are some products that we can't offer returns on due to their nature. These include:

  • Special order items and cables cut from a reel (priced per metre). These items will be clearly identifiable.

  • In-Ear headphones due to health and hygiene reasons.

  • Products that include software which require activation.

 Please note that these exclusions do not apply to items which become faulty.

> Do I have to pay to return the item?

We will refund you the postage you paid for returning the item to us (within reason) only if the item you are returning is faulty and you have informed us within 14 days of receiving the product. Please let us know the postage when you return the goods. If you are returning an item for a refund or exchange, then the cost of returning the item is your responsibility. 

> I returned an item, but you say you have not received it

The item is your responsibility until we receive it. We suggest that you send it by some form of insured delivery to cover the cost if it gets lost in transit.

> You have refunded the wrong amount

When we calculate the amount to refund you, we take into account:

  • Any vouchers or promotions in the original purchase
  • Whether we are refunding the delivery charge or not.

If you think we have incorrectly calculated the refund amount, please select the billing department on the contact us page and provide us with your order id and details of what you think the refund should be.